Progress Reports – also called Midterms – are coming out next week. They look like a regular Report Card but the grades represent WHERE A STUDENT IS HALF-WAY TO Report Cards. If the grades are good, keep up the good work! If the grades are low, that means they can be better by Report Card/Parent Teacher conferences in November.
1. Set a routine for doing Homework. Don’t try to rush it. Look at the clock and note the beginning time and end time for me.
2. Make ORGANIZATION a big part of Homework time. Clean out the book bag. Check the calendar. Don’t forget the homework at home!
3. THREE things every night:
– get out and play, get fresh air, get a break from school.
– do the Homework with your best brain (not tired, distracted)
– READ, please, please, please, READ for pleasure. Listen to a book on audio before bed. Student MUST read a wide variety of material to learn.
Thank you very much.